(Click to See My Fertility Chart)

Wednesday, November 11, 2009

No Temp Rise, CD13, Not How I Roll

Well, no temp rise today, which is somewhat unexpected for me. So I guess either A) I'm ovulating today and I'll see a temp rise tomorrow, or B) who knows.

No BD for us today, though. DH is not an every day kind of guy. I mean, he's almost 50. He needs time to recharge his batteries. Which is fine. Could that be one of our problems? Sure could.

And, on the subject of husbands/male partners, we all know that they "don't get it." A lot of this we blame on the fact that they don't have to go through what we have to go through - the blood draws, the ultrasounds, the drugs, the temping, the shots, and then the countdown to testing. Oh, and doctor's visits, the waiting rooms, the traveling, etc., etc. We think that if only they could go through some of what we go through then they would understand.

I say, it's a good thing they don't have to go through what we have to go through. Because they wouldn't do it. You really think any guy is going to take his temperature every morning? Go to the doctor every 3 days to have BW and a US? Take drugs that make him crazy? Stick himself with needles? No way. He'd say "you know what, I think we're doing fine on our own. We just need to keep trying."

Why? Because for us ladies it's all about the end result, for guys it's all about the means to that end. Unless we have a baby in our arms, then we feel like failures. For guys, as long as they're still BDing, then they're succeeding.

So, I think it's a good thing the ladies are running the show here. Honestly, I think this is inherent biologically. The ladies want the babies. We think about the babies. We imagine them in our arms, we think about dressing them, feeding them, putting them to bed at night. They are tangible to us, and we want them. This is why you never hear about a man stealing someone's baby. It's always a woman who does it. We want that baby. Men just want to keep doing what they know works to get a baby, BDing. They feel the baby as an abstract concept that will appear at some point as long as they keep doing what nature is telling them to do.

So. That's my theory.

1 comment:

  1. Hi Jane! I couldn't agree with you more. How unfair is it that we get stuck with all the hard stuff? Honestly, I don't think men could handle it :)

    (or at least that's what I tell myself)

    :) Nixy

    ReplyDelete