(Click to See My Fertility Chart)

Monday, February 1, 2010

My First Blog Award. Thanks, Basic Girl!

My first blog award! Is it weird that my eyes felt a little moist after I read Basic Girl's comment letting me know she bestowed little ol' me with this lovely award?
Thank you, Basic Girl!
She and I are both on our 3rd IUIs. And I'm pretty sure we're both getting BFPs this cycle (fingers crossed!).


The rules of this award are:
  • Thank the person who nominated you for this award.
  • Copy the award and place it in your blog.
  • Link the person who nominated you for this award.
  • Tell us 7 interesting things about you.
  • Nominate 7 bloggers.
  • Post the links to the 7 bloggers you nominate.
I feel like I am just overflowing with juicy tidbits about my life these days! So now that I've shared my obsessions in my last post, here are 7 interesting things about me:
  1. I'm an Air Force brat. We moved every 2 or 3 years for the majority of my childhood and I've lived in 3 foreign countries. I loved it and I still sometimes wished I'd joined the military so I could've continued to live the lifestyle.
  2. Although I love to move, and don't find it stressful at all (probably due to the way I grew up, obviously), I find vacationing more trouble than it's worth. DH and I haven't been on a vacation, except to visit family... um... ever. Wow, that sounds sad. But I'm hoping to get over it, because I love to experience new places, and moving every time I want go somewhere new is, well, a little impractical.
  3. I'm not on Face.book. If I had said that out loud you would have heard a touch of pride in my voice. Because from what I hear, Face.book ruins lives.
  4. I'm a total foodie, I love to cook, and I love fresh, local, seasonal produce.
  5. I've owned the same car for over half my life (!!!). My parents bought it for me used when I was 16. I still drive it every day.
  6. I watch Jon.and.Kate and 18 Kids.and.Count.ing. I DVR them and DH knows it, but I'm so ashamed that I refuse to watch them when he's home! We also DVR Lost (yay final season starts tomorrow!), House, Nip/Tuck, 30 Rock, The Office, American Idol (yes, we watch AI. And love it. And, no, we're not 13 year old girls.).
  7. DH and I have been together almost 8 years, but we've been married less than a year. And yes, we started TTC before we got hitched. DH was really nervous about it, but I had a feeling that it wouldn't happen right away for us, and I wanted to have been TTCing seriously for a while before we were married so that we could move on to ART as soon as possible after we were married (which we did - my first RE appointment was the day after we got back from our honeymoon).
Phew! That was a lot about me.
Okay, now it's time to share the love!

I would like to nominate:

Infertility UGH! I think Nixy was my first "follower," and therefore she will always have a special place in my heart! She has some admirable bravery in her willingness to share insights into the effect of IF on her marriage.
Remember All the Way. I love A's positive attitude! You can count on A to see the silver lining in everything, even a BFN. How does she do it? Her sunny disposition and her amazing faith!
Circus Children. Circus Princess has a sparkling wit and style, and she and I and our DHs are virtually the same ages!
I Did, I Do, I Will. Speaking of sparkling wit, Shanny finds the humor in everything! She is so fun to read!
Banking on It. When faced with the many difficulties of IF, Melissa has amazing strength and optimism (that I am trying to emulate!).
The Impatient Optimist. Tio is so thoughtful and full of insights. And she lives in Australia, which is so cool!
Mission Motherhood. Al is a woman with a mission (hence the title of her blog), but she still has time to muse on all the randomness and funniness of IF and life.

Thanks, ladies, for all your amazing stories! And thanks again, Basic Girl!

7 comments:

  1. You're not alone. I'm not on Fac.ebook either and pretty damn proud of it as well. If I ever sign up, it's clear that I've been diagnosed with a mental problem. Lol! Not to offend those that are on it, but it's just not for me.

    ReplyDelete
  2. YAY, so happy you were excited!! Love learning these interesting factoids about everyone, and yes fb can be downright painful. Way to take a stance against it. And here's to BFP's for IUI #3, praying this is it for us!!!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Hey Jane,
    Congrats on your blog award!! I LOVE Lost! and I used to really love Jon & Kate, until their separation. Thank you for being my 2nd follower!
    Kim

    ReplyDelete
  4. Thank you!
    And thanks to your list I now have 5 new blogs to disocver.

    ReplyDelete
  5. yay, congratulations on your award!!!
    And thanks for mine =)

    I watch most of those tv shows, love them! Glad you were proactive on ttc department, going to the RE right after your honeymoon sure makes a story!

    ReplyDelete
  6. congrats, and thanks much!

    And I love your list, they are all such good things to know about you!

    ReplyDelete
  7. Hi Jane! Thanks so much for your comments on my blog. I really appreciate it!

    ReplyDelete