I didn't get the ganirelix last night. A pharmacy was supposed to call me and never did. But I did do the higher dose (150 instead of 75) of gonal-f. The higher dose may end up taking IUI off the table as an option because of my concerns about multiples, but will leave open the IVF option, and, of course, the cancelling option.
I'm working on finding out what happened with the ganirelix prescription now, and will probably pick it up today. Then do another 150 gonal-f tonight, then back to the RE tomorrow.
I called my RE to get pricing for IVF and here's what I found out:
- $8000 + $500 for anesthesia
- $700 if I want to freeze embryos
- Any future FET cycles $3500/each
Although we're leaning toward IVF right now, we'll of course wait to see how everything looks tomorrow before making a decision. I think we're also leaning toward only transferring one embryo if we go the IVF route. But there are a few things I'd like to know before we make a decision:
- How many mature follicles are there likely going to be? If we started this as an IVF cycle, would there have been more than that? Is it a reasonable number to go forward with IVF? (I'm afraid we're going to end up falling in some sort of gray area: too many follicles for IUI but too few for IVF)
- If we do IVF and fail, can we go back to IUI, or are we better off going on with IVF?
- What are the chances of twins if we transfer 2 embryos?
- What are the chances of twins/multiples if we do IUI?
Are there any other questions that I should ask tomorrow? (If anyone wants to give me advice, I would welcome some!)