(Click to See My Fertility Chart)

Thursday, September 9, 2010

Confidence Evaporating

I have now become convinced that what I saw was an evaporation line. I've never seen ANY sort of line on a test before, so seeing the barest hint of a line this morning made quite an impression on me, but I've also never used this brand before. So, I did a little research and it turns out the blue dye tests are notorious for showing evap lines. Apparently, the thing to look for is color, and if the line you see is at all blue, it's positive, but if it looks like a shadow, then it is most likely not positive. What I saw was a shadow. Like I said, it just looked like I could see where the line would be if there had been a line. The picture below is NOT mine, but the brand of test I took looks similar to this one (the line I got was much MUCH fainter than in the picture below):



So at this point I am going to just assume it was negative, but if anyone has more experience with HPTs than me (I've never been much of a POASer), please let me know what you think.

7 comments:

  1. Hello!! You are still very early! I would not lose confidence especially if maybe there is a hint of a line. My first test at 11dpiui was negative, 12dpiui was negative in my eyes but some say they saw the beginning of a line, 14dpiui in the AM I had a negative digital and 14dpiui in the PM I had a positive digital. I have pictures posted on my blog (they are from February of this year.) Wishing you the best.

    ReplyDelete
  2. These tests can make you totally crazy. I agree that it is still early. Perhaps it is best to wait a day or two and test with an easier to read test (maybe digital so there is no interpretation).
    Hang in there. The end of the cycle is always the hardest

    ReplyDelete
  3. The blue tests are notorious for evaps but I honestly think it's still too early. This part is the absolute worst...late enough that you think there might be a line, but still way too early to know anything for sure. I am crossing fingers for you!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Aargh. That's a tough one. I've read lots of complaints about the blue plus tests. There is a picture of evaporation lines under "Antibody Strips: Not A Positive Result" at http://www.peeonastick.com/hpt/+.html

    Hope you get a strong positive soon.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Seeing 'anything' on that early test sounds very promising to me. Chins up, Girl! do you have a beta set, yet?
    I am soooooooo crossing my fingers for you!

    ReplyDelete
  6. That looks positive to me.... Now I want to know what todays looks like!!!

    ReplyDelete
  7. I had issues with the blue test recently and evap line - but it could go either way. I would get a FRET or just hold out and dont give up hope just yet! Evetything crossed for you!

    ReplyDelete